MSP Could Architect / Engineer

 

Ohio Business Machines is a rapidly growing Managed Service Provider focused on building our reputation as the Home of the Smart Office. This opportunity will place you directly in a fast-paced work environment where you will continually increase your knowledge and improve your skillset by working with a variety of customers and environments. We expect members of our team to share an insatiable appetite to learn and a commitment to professional development by capitalizing on training opportunities and knowledge-sharing. If you flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with teammates who are results-oriented and fast thinkers, this is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and advancement.

Position
Successful candidates deliver exceptional customer-service oriented support and possess knowledge across a wide range of technical topics and thrive on implementing solid solutions to address complex business problems.  Team members must be self-motivated, possess a sense of urgency, and demonstrate critical thinking skills.  A commitment to excellent customer service is demonstrated by consistently observing the following values: purpose-driven, willingness to refine essential skills and competencies, and a superior ability to diagnose issues by asking questions, listening to understand, and identifying the root cause.

In this role, candidates are responsible for delivering solutions for clients by deploying cloud and virtualized infrastructure services, providing top-tier support for issue escalations, and implement solutions according to project requirements and timelines.  In this role, expect to spend 80% of the day working on high-level design, support, and implementation tasks with the remaining 20% of the day assisting other team members.

Expectations
This role requires a strong skillset focused on:

  • Experience building / deploying Azure, AWS, Hyper-V, VMware network environments
  • Experience managing cloud infrastructures using Chef Infra and Ansible
  • Building and deploying infrastructure as code with Terraform, CDK, or Cloudformation
  • Experience creating solutions using Docker & Kubernetes
  • Security experience with Security Groups and IAM policies
  • Enterprise-level network architecture using AWS Control Tower and AWS Organizations

Candidates are also expected to be proficient with:

  • Windows Server & Desktop, Linux, and MacOS (all versions)
  • Desktop applications (Microsoft, QuickBooks, etc…)
  • Enterprise-level network LAN/WAN architecture
  • Load-balancing, SD-WAN, and VPN technologies
  • Networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc…)
  • Network security solutions (Sophos, Fortigate, Barracuda)

Candidates must always:

  • Be dependable, work during scheduled hours, and diligently complete duties assigned
  • Act cool under pressure and use positive language to de-escalate situations
  • Coordinate with team members to prioritize and manage multiple client issues at a time
  • Exceed expectations during all client interactions and while performing all other duties
  • Keep customers informed of the progress of work being performed
  • Document client-specific details according to standards and specifications
  • Ticket management, remote support, and other MSP tools to address client needs

Qualifications
Requirements:

  • 4-year degree in a related field
  • 4+ years providing break/fix & preventative support to Linux environments
  • 2-5+ years prior data center or MSP experience
  • Must possess a valid driver’s license
  • Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check
  • Must currently reside in Northeast Ohio

Candidates should currently possess multiple certifications with an interest in obtaining more:

  • Cisco (CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA)
  • CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Project+, Cloud+)
  • Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCP, MCDST)
  • IASCA (CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX)
  • Cybersecurity (CEH, CISSP, GIAC)
  • Others may be accepted in addition to the above

Benefits:

  • Competitive Salary
  • Company-sponsored certifications
  • Health, dental, vision, life, and supplemental insurance
  • 401(k) and FSA

How to Apply:

To apply, candidates who possess the qualifications for this position should submit a recent copy of their resume with salary expectations attached.

Department: IT
Hours: Full Time
Location: Cleveland (OH)

Apply for this position

Allowed Type(s): .pdf, .doc, .docx
Ohio Business Machines

We Want to Hear from You.

Fill out the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.