Ohio Business Machines is a premier vendor of SHARP Multifunction Digital Copier Systems, Document Management Software Solutions, VOIP Phone Systems, Managed Print Services, Managed Network Services, Canon Wide Format Printers, and FP Mailing Systems committed to providing customers with excellent products and services.
Who are we looking for?
OBM is seeking a Server Administrator to join our rapidly growing managed services department. As a Server Administrator, you will be responsible for designing and supporting all aspects of the information systems we manage for our managed IT clients. These responsibilities include ensuring each client site runs efficiently by maintaining software updates, designing and implementing new system structures, monitoring server activity, and auditing server security. Most work is completed during regular business hours. Occasionally, with new system upgrades or server fixes, work must be completed during odd hours of the night or on weekends. Candidates should possess a solid understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, and Telnet in Microsoft and Apple computing environments as well as in-depth knowledge of best-practices, including backup & recovery, server management, desktop support, common office applications, and IP networking. Proficiency in PowerShell, command line, and other diagnostic tools is also required.
• Manage an active queue of service tickets through resolution and closure
• Promoting best practices for IT operations
• Monitoring IT operations of managed network services customers
• Providing top-tier remote and on-site support to customers
• Researching and proposing technology solutions to address customer needs
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
• 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Detail oriented with exceptional customer service and leadership skills.
• Ability to meet training expectations within 30 days of employment
Preferred but not required:
• Microsoft Server Certification (AD, Messaging, Azure)
• Sophos Engineer or Architect Certification
• Cisco Certification (Voice, Network)
• Prior helpdesk or MSP experience
• Experience with VoIP Phone Systems
• Linux/Unix or related experience
OBM provides competitive compensation based on experience, comprehensive training program, auto allowance, travel reimbursement, mobile phone, company laptop, and health benefits within the first 30 days of employment.
Ohio Business Machines is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business, an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug-Free Workplace.